We are a fast-growing RegTech company based in Bletchley Park, Milton Keynes, once the top-secret home of the World War Two Codebreakers. In May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) changed the landscape of data privacy for organisations around the world. The GDPR are complex and onerous with significant financial and reputational implications for organisations that don’t comply.
Our privacy management software simplifies the complexity of the GDPR and accelerates compliance.
We are currently seeking an experienced, motivated and highly-skilled Privacy and Compliance Specialist with a track record in providing sound and practical advice in respect of compliance and risk management issues, with a particular focus on data protection.
In this role, you will support the Privacy department of Data Solver with the development, maintenance and updating of Data Solver’s privacy management software and Data Solver’s internal GDPR compliance.
What type of person are we looking for?
- Proven work experience in a compliance and risk environment
- Experience of working with regulatory frameworks
- Excellent organisational and multitasking abilities
- Strong communications skills from a customer facing and technical perspective
- Ambitious with the potential to grow with the company
- Driven and committed to success whilst maintaining integrity
- Logical approach towards technically led solutions
What will you be doing?
- Assisting in the specification of Data Solver’s Privacy Management Software
- Advising on legal and regulatory aspects of compliance regarding data protection laws, rules and guidance applicable to Data Solver’s Privacy Management software and Data Solver’s internal compliance
- Developing and implementing compliance frameworks including templates and guidance notes for privacy, data protection, cross-border transfers, and other privacy and personal data matters
- Monitoring legislative and regulatory developments in the area of data protection and privacy, particularly in the UK, EU, Asia and North and South America
- Assisting in the Identification and mitigation of internal data protection issues and risks
- Participating and advising on data protection issues in company-wide initiatives
- Developing training and customer onboarding materials
- Supporting the sales and customer service team from a customer facing perspective on privacy related queries
- Generating privacy related content for the Marketing and PR Team
- Providing cross organisational support in all matters related to privacy
Your skills and experience will include
- Extensive experience in a regulatory environment
- Degree in law, international relations/public policy or equivalent experience
- Privacy and/or Information Security qualification (CISSP, CISM, CIPP, CIPM) desirable
- Solid computer and technical skills
You will report to
In the short-term this position will report to the CEO. In the long-term this role will report to the Head of Privacy (once appointed)
What do we offer?
- A competitive salary
- 23 days holiday a year plus 1 additional days’ holiday for every year served up to a maximum of 28 days
- Opportunities for advancement
- Free parking (Bletchley Park)
- Dynamic working environment